Working with families and individuals, 65RETIRE Wealth Managers helps clients define their objectives, build a strategy, and create financial solutions designed to enhance investment income and growth opportunities while reducing risk and taxes, and avoiding financial planning mistakes. In order to do this, we offer:
- Customized individual retirement plans that are designed to supplement social security benefits, with the goal of paying retirees a dependable income stream for life.
- Portfolio strategies designed to protect current and future retirees' cash-flow.
- Generational and philanthropic wealth transfer strategies.
- Global asset management, which can include concentrated stock management, alternative investments, and stock option strategies.
- Family office services.
We have found that the clients who benefit most from our services tend to have distinct financial needs. From solutions, such as providing a single point of oversight to identifying situations where teams of specialists (such as your CPA or attorney) should be assembled, we know how to apply appropriate financial vehicles that seek to optimize a client's wealth.
Investment advisory services are offered through Cooper McManus, a Registered Investment Advisory firm.
12 Wealth Management Issues
We believe there are twelve wealth management issues that clients typically face where we may be able to add significant value.
- Define structure of asset allocation to support clients’ life goals.
- Need for a disciplined rebalancing process of the appropriate asset allocation.
- Evaluate presence of the appropriate investments and identify managers that: a) are excellent standing alone, b) interrelate well together with no excessive overlaps, c) have no excessive conflicts, and d) possess the necessary checks and balances to minimize downside risk.
- Desire for tax-advantaged wealth accumulation.
- Need for estate liquidity housed outside taxable estate.
- Need for increased focus on cash flow and liability management.
- Interest in complex lending requiring flexible structures.
- Need for high-end lending or debt structuring for residential, commercial, or luxury purchases.
- Lending services will be coordinated with a third party company.
4. Qualified retirement plan/IRA distribution
- Need for comprehensive retirement planning to decide whether to live first on the QRP/IRA or delay withdrawals as long as possible and stretch an IRA.
- Identify the beneficiary of the QRP/IRA.
5. Corporate executive stock options
- Access asset challenges associated with concentrated stock or option positions.
- Review specialty types of holdings (e.g. restricted stock, pre IPO, etc.).
- Consider preference items for alternative minimum tax.
6. Business succession planning
- Analyze needs related to valuations or sale of business.
- Identify concerns related to business transition or inheritance.
- Need to minimize capital gains taxes if sold during client’s life or gift taxes if transferred during life.
7. Durable power of attorney issues
- Need to establish durable power of attorney for health and estate, and educate and inform family members named.
8. Gifting to children/descendents/others during life
- Need for living wealth transfer strategies (e.g. spousal gifts, annual gifting, education) and discussing gift strategies.
- Desire for fiduciary management or other trust and estate setup.
9. Charitable gifting
- Need for strategies related to charitable giving (e.g. foundation set up, gift annuities, etc.).
- Desire for ongoing management of your charitable entities.
- Need to involve children and other heirs in identifying causes.
10. Titling of assets
- Need for improved tax advantages by titling assets appropriately.
11. Executor/successor trustee issues
- Need to establish and structure executor/successor trustees that will both handle client’s desires and work well with their family.
12. Distribution plan for wealth transfer at death
- Need for minimizing taxes and handling control issues.
Wealth Management Services
65RETIRE Wealth Managers provides a variety of services that may help clients make appropriate and informed decisions, including:
Goal Setting: How do I clarify my financial goals such as getting out of debt, buying a home, paying for college, or retirement?
Retirement Planning: When will I be able to retire? What should I do with my 401k and IRA plans? What are the most tax-advantaged strategies to withdraw from my retirement funds?
Portfolio Review: Can I have an objective second opinion on my current investments, IRAs and retirement accounts?
Investment Planning: What is asset allocation? What role do mutual funds, stocks, bonds, REITs and alternative investments have in my portfolio?
Insurance Review: Do I have sufficient life, disability, homeowner and auto insurance? Am I paying too much? Our service provides for an analysis of insurance needs and we may recommend solutions by use of products such as term life, variable universal life, annuities and long-term care.
Saving For College: How much do I need to save for my children’s college education? What tax credits and deductions are available? What steps can I take to increase financial aid?
Estate Planning: Do I have appropriate legal documents to insure my life, assets, and children will be handled according to my wishes at my death or incapacity?
Tax Planning: Are there additional strategies to help me reduce my tax bill? Progress made towards financial goals is measured and reviewed with clients on a frequent basis.
Securities America and its representatives do not offer tax or legal advice. You should consult with and rely on your own independent tax or legal advisors.